Wednesday, July 23, 2008

拿督斯里蔡细历医生:马华的整顿与再建构

Re-engineering and Reinvention of MCA

After nomination, I’m now the division chairman for Batu Pahat again. I will not be making announcement as to what post I’m contesting at the National MCA election. I need to get the feedback from MCA central delegates and to gauge their support from the delegates. These feedbacks are important in order for me to make an informed decision. Whatever position I contest, it is important whether I can play an important role in helping to re-engineer and reinvent MCA to meet the post 308 political scenarios. If I contest, I believe that the re-engineering and reinvention of MCA cannot be dependant on one person. There’s a need for teamwork and collective responsibility in order to reinvent MCA. If I cannot contribute to this role, I will not contest.
...
Meanwhile, I’ll continue to gather feedback on the expectation of MCA members and Chinese community towards MCA to ensure that MCA remains relevant in the new political landscape post 308 election. Often, I heard of people that MCA should leave BN. This is a major decision that needs a lot of deliberation. If MCA leaves BN;

1. No political party can claim to represent the Chinese at the federal level. I understand many will dismiss the role of MCA as mere playing the second fiddle to UMNO. But right now can any party claim to represent the Chinese in the government?

2. If MCA leaves BN, can MCA stand alone? Even DAP who solely dependant on Chinese votes have to join Pakatan Rakyat to ensure its long term survival.

Meanwhile, UMNO and PAS have openly admitted that they have some serious discussion at the highest possible level to talk about Islam and Malay unity. This once again demonstrates that politics in this country will always be influenced by race and religion. I understand that post 308, a lot of people were thinking and in fact some were euphoric that we’ll see some multiracial politics. I’ll always have my doubts and that race and religion will continue to play a prominent role in our political system. Ideally, we all accept that political party should be issue centric rather than ethnic centric. To me, it’s still a long time to go before we achieve this.

-----------------------------

提名结束。由于不受挑战,我正式成为巴株巴辖区会主席。再次感谢区会同志们的支持。

不过,我不会宣布接着会攻打什么高职。我会继续聆听和收集代表们的意见和意愿,我也需要获取代表们的支持。我重视代表们的意愿。我的决定,取决于代表们的意见。不管竞选什么高职,我所关心的是,我会否被给予参与重建筑和整顿马华的机会,以协助党走出后308的政治困境,迎接未来的艰巨挑战。对党,我一直秉持一个信念:我坚信党若要成功转型,是绝对不能单靠个人的力量。党需要一个有效的团队,发挥高度集体合作、集体负责的精神来执行这项任务。如果我无法做到这一点,我不会竞选任何高职。
...
是否竞选、竞选何职,我暂且不谈。我会继续听取华社和马华党员对马华公会的意见和期望,这对我党在后政治海啸时代,要存在意义非常重要。很多人认为马华应该退出国阵,这是重大决定,需要深思熟虑。试想想,如果马华退出国阵:

1. 华社将失去中央政府的代表权。我知道很多人都觉得马华地位次于巫统,所以很不屑马华的角色。但目前除了马华,中央政府里还有其他华社的代表吗?
2. 如果退出,马华可以单独生存吗?依仗华人选票的行动党也必须和公正党结盟,才能确保长期存活

与此同时,巫统和回教党也公开承认两党高层领袖正进行有关回教和马来团结议程的重要会谈。这再一次论证我国的政治无时无刻都受到种族和宗教的议程所影响。理想来说,我们认为所有政党的斗争应摒弃种族主义,凡事以课题为本。要达到这一点,我国的政治还有很长的路呢。

0 comments: